Shifting Gears is a new campaign which aims to transition people within the Aerospace and Automotive Engineering sectors and place them into the (Bio)pharma or Medical Device industries.
This initiative with Innopharma Education and HERO Recruitment show cases opportunities for engineers concerned about the future of their careers as a result of COVID-19.
It’s all here on our podcast www.shiftinggears.ie and we’re super excited about our next guest …..so stay tuned!
Why should qualified engineers tune in?
Well “Many engineers are nervous about their careers in the Automotive and Aerospace industry right now” explains Roisin from HERO. “These sectors have been hit harder than most with reduced hours and layoffs. “These are the people we can to help”.
We’re in a great position to support these Engineers, said Ann from Innopharma. If an Engineer can’t make the transition immediately then we can offer the education support to get them to where they want to be, many only needing a refresher to understand the difference in language the two sectors use.
If you’re unsure of how your experience aligns with the Medical Device or (Bio) Pharma sector then talk to our team in Shifting Gears and we can shed some light for you.
There are many similarities between these sectors, ranging from the technical competencies to the high level of compliance and regulations they both operate within.
It’s our aim is to alleviate your career concerns by helping you see the value to bring to these great companies and also support you in bridging any gaps in terms of education, skills or understanding industry language.
We don’t mean to bore you with stats but if you are a qualified Engineer then consider the scale of opportunities in these industries.
- Over 55,000 people employed in the Pharma industry in Ireland
- All 10 of the world’s top 10 pharma companies are in Ireland
- Ireland are the 3rd largest exporter of pharmaceuticals globally
- We have over 85 pharma companies here
- Over 40,000 people employed in the medical device industry here
- 9 out of the top 10 global companies have locations within Ireland
- Ireland is the 2nd largest employer of MedTech professionals globally
- There are over 450 MedTech companies in Ireland
It’s worth exploring, right? Check out our podcast www.shiftinggears.ie and see what this means to you.